Arena

The Rangers began play at Madison Square Garden in 1926. However, there have been four Madison Square Gardens (MSG)'s. The first Madison Square Garden was built in 1879 and in 1890 was replaced by Madison Square Garden II. MSG2 was closed in 1925 and replaced by Madison Square Garden III. Therefore the Rangers began play in MSG3. Madison Square Garden IV replaced MGS3 in 1968. The Rangers play at Madison Square to this day.